We Value Your Privacy
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to visit our website (www.unity bankng.com) and other Unity Bank customer touchpoints, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
Information We Collect and Use
- We collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as: website visits, applications, identification documents, personal financial statements, interactions with relationship managers, and other third parties (credit bureaus, payment gateways, other financial institutions…) and other written or electronic communication reflecting information such as your name, address, passport details, identification numbers, biometric information, telephone number, occupation, assets, income and any other information we deem necessary.
- We may use your transactional account history including your account balance, payment records, and debit/credit card usage. We may also use information received from third parties such as family, solicitors, friends or employers, website/ social media pages made public by you, government agencies, regulators, supervisory or credit agencies.
- We may also collect other information such as video footages of you whenever you step into any of our branches, telephone conversations when you call any of our contact Centre lines, geographic information of any of our branch ATMs when you use our ATMs.
Non- Personal Information Collected by Us
- Some cookies are essential to access certain areas of this site;
- We use analytics cookies to help us understand how you use our site to discover what content is most useful to you
Kindly refer to our cookies policy for more information on cookies.
Use of Your Personal Information
The collection and use of personal data by Unity Bank is guided by certain principles. These principles state that personal data should
- be processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner.
- be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with such purposes.
- be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to fulfil the purpose of processing.
- be accurate and where necessary, up-to-date. In the event data is inaccurate, steps should be taken to rectify or erase such data.
- not be kept for longer than necessary for the purpose of processing.
- be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
- be kept safe from unauthorized processing, and accidental loss, damage or destruction using adequate technical and organizational measures.
Any personal information provided by you to Unity Bank will be used with your consent, or under the following under listed instances:
- Cases where processing of personal data is required for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation.
- Cases where processing of personal data is required for compliance with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Cases where processing is required to protect your vital interest or that of any other natural person.
- Cases where processing is required for an activity to be carried in significant public interest.
- Cases where processing is required for legitimate interests of Unity Bank or a third party insofar as this does not conflict with the requirements for the protection of your personal data.
Your personal information is used in:
- Updating and enhancing Unity Bank’s records
- Executing your instructions.
- Establishing your identity and assessing applications for our products and services
- Pricing and designing our products and services
- Administering our products and services
- Managing our relationship with you
- Managing our risks
- Identifying and investigating illegal activity (i.e.), such as fraud
- Contacting you, for example in instances where we suspect fraud on your account or when the need arises to tell you about recent occurrences in the banking sector or some event(s) of significance.
- Conducting and improving our businesses and improving your experience with us
- Reviewing credit or loan eligibility.
- Preventing money laundering or terrorism financing activities.
- Complying with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators/supervisors
- Identifying and informing you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you
- Processing your job application if you apply for a job with us.
We may also collect, use, and exchange your information in other ways permitted by law.
- Information We ShareWe may share the information about you and your dealings with us, to the extent permitted by law, with the following:
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.Information about our customers and their usage of our website is not shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We do not disclose any information about any user’s usage of our web site except in specific cases, and we do not share information with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly give us permission to do so.
- Our Branches
- Regulators/Supervisors, Government Agencies/courts - It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for Unity Bank to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.;
- External Auditors;
- Unity Bank’s staff;
- Credit Agencies;
- Correspondent banks;
- Unity Bank’s strategic partner’s/service providers – for the purpose of improving and providing our products and services to you. Your Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Your rightsYou have certain rights available to you, these include:
You also have the right to:Request that your personal data be made available to you in a common electronic format and/or request that such data be sent to a third partyRequest that your information be erased. We might continue to retain such data if there are valid legal, regulatory or operational reasons
- The right to access your personal information held by us. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to XXX@Unitybankng.com
- The right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete information.
- withdraw consent for processing in cases where consent has previously been given.
- restrict or object to processing of your personal data. We might continue to process your data if there are valid legal or operational reasons