Working at Unity Bank
The Bank seeks to attract the best talents to fully maximize the vast opportunities available in the economy. To join, a prospective candidate must have:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree with ‘Second Class Lower’ or HND with ‘Upper Credit’
- Not more than 28 years old
- Must have completed NYSC with a valid certificate
TYPES OF EMPLOYMENT
- Outsourcing - There are some job functions that have been outsourced to Outsourcing companies to provide the required man - power under agreed terms and conditions. In all cases, the candidates must match with the job roles. These category of persons are not direct employees of the Bank but are subjected to the same value propositions, core values work ethics and regulations of the Bank. After about a year, the outsourced Staff are recruited into the Bank as permanent Staff subject to meeting the Bank’s recruitment requirements.
- Temporary - The Bank may offer an individual temporary appointment for a defined and specified period of time however not less than 6 Months and not longer than one year e:g Industrial Attachment Trainees, Youths Service (NYSC) e.t.c. At the end of the period, the appointment is terminated without any liability to the Bank except for salary earned.
- Permanent - This refers to permanent appointments offered to Staff having met all the entry requirements. An Outsourced staff from the Outsourcing Company that satisfactorily meets the Bank’s recruitment requirement and subject to availability of vacancy can be recruited as a permanent staff. Permanent employees maintain regular employment status and are eligible to all employee benefits as approved by the Bank from time to time.
COMPENSATION AND REWARD
Unity Bank plc strives to be the best among all in the financial sector in terms of Compensation. And as a performance motivated bank, we reward staff for outstanding value creation to the Bank customers. Our staff stands a chance to benefit from a list of competitive incentives applicable in the Bank as a way to reward their hard work. These include among others:
- Quarterly Performance Bonus (Monetized)
- Sponsored Training (Abroad)
- Promotion for exceptional performance
The Bank presently has four (4) Training schools located at Kano, Kaduna, Benin and Lagos respectively. The Training Schools serve as Academic to all new staff where they undergo induction trainings. Unity Bank Plc offers equal opportunity to all prospective employees. The Bank's policy is to recruit staff of the highest competence through fair and open processes. However, in view of the Outsourcing policy, all Entry level staff are recruited via the Outsourcing company.
JOB ROTATION/SUCCESSION PLANNING
To enable the Bank have a workforce capable of complementing each other and stepping into job roles seamlessly, job rotation is imbibed as a culture in the Bank. It is enforced intra and inter departments. The Bank Succession planning roadmaps offer human resources leaders a framework and advice on how to create a robust succession planning program that aligns talent management with the vision of the bank in ensuring that employees have development opportunities to hone their leadership skills, and guarantees that the bank has a leadership plan in place for success in the future.